Saturday, January 31, 2009

Misunderstood, But Not Forgotten -Part Six

~Finally, confusing passion for anger.

Passion and anger can be very easily mistaken at times, especially if you don’t know the other person very well. Anyone reading this might very well think my tone has been angry in these posts. But, I assure you, that was not my intent and I’m truly sorry if it came across as such. I am, however, very passionate about what I believe and know to be true.

Not because, oh, I’ve been raised this way or that’s all I’ve known, I follow blindly. Not at all! I had to search on my own. I had to know for myself that what I believed was right. So, I did. And I do. Now I am passionate about this unshakable grounding and that is what has lead me to speak on it. To start a blog with God and truth as focal points. God is a huge part of my life, so why shouldn’t my blog reflect it?

Anyway, passion and anger... I think the best thing to say concerning it is just don’t assume someone that stands for their faith is angry. Sure, some might be, but you should never automatically decide that. It makes you no better than they.

I was thinking the other day how much I love debates. Passion, I think, is vital to debate something -the Christian faith included. If you are passionate about something, you give it the proper time and attention to research everything there is about it as well as everything there is against it. If you weren’t passionate about what you were debating, there isn't as much motivation to know everything about it.

Christians.. If you are passionate about what you believe, don’t let the opinion of others stop you from sharing it and knowing. Let them think that you are angry if they want! God knows your heart. He knows the truth of the matter. And it’s His opinion of you that matters most. As Christians, we have such an incredible heritage. Want to know it?

Matthew 7:7-8: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

**If everyone gets nothing else from these posts, let it be this one thing... NEVER ASSUME you know what other people know, think, or feeling, especially concerning you. These things are impossible to know for certain! Let the other person’s actions, character, and words together speak for themselves. But always keep in mind that you cannot see their heart.

~L. Pierce
2 Timothy 1:12 says, “Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment