Thursday, January 29, 2009

Misunderstood, But Not Forgotten -Part Four

~Misunderstanding time given and kindness for relational feelings and likewise, not having time for dislike.

This misunderstanding can be said of anyone, not just Christians. However, because Christians are loving, caring people, some can take it the wrong way.

I have been an avid gamer for part of my life. Yes, I admit it. Some people I’ve met (mostly boys) have done this very thing. And they knew of what I professed to believe. Even in everyday life, there are those that don’t have much to do with me anymore because I couldn’t make this party or, oh, was too busy to do such and such.

This one has duel messages. Yes, one is that others should not think just because you are being kind (or are busy) that that means you like them beyond the scope of friendship (or doesn’t like them at all). And two, is actually an alert for Christians.

As a Christian, we “have the goods.” That is not arrogance, it’s confidence. Don’t let others use you because, unlike other people, you love and care. There are those out there that will. Trust me, I’ve met them. I know. This is not to say that you shouldn’t be kind and help people, etc., but just to be careful. Make sure others know where you stand (I believe this is part of the reason why we can’t keep quiet about Christ) and think about what you say before you say it. Don’t say something that will lead someone to conclude something that isn’t.

The Bible says, “Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'...” Matthew 5:37. This section is on Oaths. It’s telling us not to swear an oath at all and, in essence, to watch what we say.

~L. Pierce

Next Posting--- Part Five: Generosity

No comments:

Post a Comment