Saturday, June 23, 2012

God-Men


X-Men.

I’m their biggest fan. No, really! I love the entire concept of having super human powers. The first book I started writing was my own version of X-Men. I could move things with my mind, and my best friend controlled the weather.

But, I have one complaint...

The basis of the story is that mankind has begun to mutate, taking on special abilities. Few have them, making the statement that only select few of us can be special or are worthy of being chosen.

Well, excuse me! Last I checked, ALL of us were made in the image of God, and He knit us each together in our mother’s womb. Genesis 1:27 and Psalms 139:13. We are exactly who we were made to be; what we’re supposed to look like; born into the family we were born into; here to do something earth-shaking.

According to that, every one of us is special! We are here for a purpose and given specific gifts –our God-given “super powers”- to do what God created us for.

So don’t tell me I’m not special, or there is a possibility I won’t do anything amazing on this earth!

One major part of having super powers is that you never know if or when you’ll get them.

Your God-given ability isn’t as unpredictable.

When you get it is up to you. In order to inherit your special power, all you need do is look to your Maker. He will show you the purpose for which He made you. Funny thing is, you’ll realize it’s been something you have loved all along.

I say if you’ll get them because only YOU can choose to have them. The reason it seems like some of us don’t “make the cut” is because we choose to turn away from our Creator and away from the purpose He has for us. It is OUR choice. It’s not up to the random chance of some Evolutionary fluke. We are the only ones to blame for not doing anything incredible in this life we have been blessed with. All we have to do is choose it. To choose Him.

When will you take up your super power? It’s never too late.

~L. Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment