Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simply Inspirational

As I write today, I’m having a hard time focusing on my writing. I’m in one of those ruts. I’ve been doing great up until this point, but now I sit before my work and just stare. Lol It’s very unproductive.

This got me thinking about inspiration. I realized that I could use some inspiration to help me write. The same is true of anything else I do. I’ve seen this when it comes to my music as well. In fact, recently I started taking lessons again DUE to a new inspiration. And yesterday, I was given another musical muse from someone I’ve barely even known.

Then I had a thought. It seems reasonable that I would stay with and in something longer the more I have motivation in the mix. Right? Well, yeah!

So, I’ve picked up a book or two, started actually reading the magazines and such in my possession, and have taken to write a blog (the one you now see before you). Just to get my creative juices flowing again. And I can already feel it working!

We all need inspiration to keep us going. This is why it’s important for parents to give compliments to their kids. It helps to build them up and inspire them. Tell them they can do anything and, by golly, they will! Tell me I can change the world, and I’ll try everything in my power to do so.

Make it a point to frequently place inspiration in your path or to do so for someone else. Add a little fuel to the fire. There’s no such thing as too much inspiration.

Happy June to you all!
~L. Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment