Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Joker in a Suit

I’m a sincere person. I want people to trust me when I say something just as much as I want to trust them when they say something in return. But, what if they say something that’s only meant as a joke, yet I can’t tell the difference? What then?

Well, then I’m in a bit of a pickle. If it’s concerning something important or major, I will react to what they say because I have no idea they mean it as a jest until afterward when they inform me.

This drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!

Honestly, you can call it a joke all you want but, in reality, you’re lying. “I’m joking” is just an excuse for your lie. How then do you expect me to take anything you say seriously?

I’m reminded of the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. After a while, people stop listening to you when you say things. Then what happens when you have something important to say? What if it’s a warning? People will suffer for your foolishness. Will it be funny then?

Stop the joking around. Be serious. Be honest. Please, don’t be a joker in a suit.

Psalms 34:12+13, “Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.”

~L. Pierce

2 comments:

  1. Very good point.

    Ours words hold great power, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That they do. If only more people would realize it. =\

    ReplyDelete