Friday, April 23, 2010

The Raven Saint - M. L. Tyndall

If you have not had the pleasure of reading MaryLu Tyndall's work, you are in for a treat. When I first discovered her, I was sold from the very first book I picked up (and could not put back down). Since then, I anticipate each new title with excitement. I have learned many things from her as a writer and as a follower of Christ. Each book has grown me up in my heavenly Father, but none so much as The Raven Saint.

The Raven Saint is book three of her Charles Towne Belles series, and quite an ending it is. Grace Westcott, our heroin, has always been more in-tune with God than her two sisters. However, even us faithful have our faults.

Amidst her service to God, she is kidnapped and intended to be sold off to a Spanish Don in Columbia. She sees it as another mission from God but, unlike the poor and needy, no one upon the French mercenary's vessel will listen to her.

The situation grows worse, causing her to face her own human weaknesses, including her love for her captor -Captain Rafe Dubois.

The book is full of adventure, romance, and suspense. But, above all, a timeless message we followers of Christ should hear and heed. I urge you to pick one up and find out for yourself. And I dare you not to enjoy it. ;)

~L. Pierce

1 comment:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing ! shalom soraya

    ReplyDelete